Welcome to Fridley Public Schools and thank you for your interest in volunteering!
We are grateful and deeply appreciative of all our volunteers and the importance of their participation in our schools cannot be understated. For the safety of all of our students, all volunteers must have an approved background check and complete a review of our volunteer packet which contains important school policies and procedures. The entire application and review process can be competed online. We hope you will consider making a contribution to our schools by sharing your time with us.
Volunteer Approval Process:
Please check with your child's school or classroom teacher for volunteer opportunities. Volunteers must have an approved background check and complete a volunteer packet before starting volunteer services in the district.
To submit an application to become a volunteer:
- Click here to begin. On the left side of the page (under Vacancies) click on Volunteer.
- Find Job ID 1145 Field Trips/Classroom Volunteer/Activities Volunteer
- Click the red Apply button Start a new application or login to your previous application and submit it. Be sure to acknowledge via digital signature the two policies associated with the volunteer application.
- Please note: You must have an active email address of your own in order to complete this process.
- You will receive an invitation to complete a background check from Trusted Employees.
- Complete the background check and submit it. Please note: It can take up 48 hours to clear.
- You will receive an email when you are approved to volunteer.
- Building secretaries will have access to the list of approved and applied volunteers.
Please note: A new background check will be required if more than 12 months have lapsed since an individual last volunteered in our district.
If you have questions about our volunteer screening process, please contact Emily Phillips, Human Resources Specialist at 763-502-5023 or Emily.Phillips@fridley.k12.mn.us.