fridley public schools reopening plan
Fridley Public Schools follows guidelines issued from the Minnesota Department Education (MDE) and the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) to determine how to safely reopen schools. The decision on which models to implement are based on Anoka County data on the spread of COVID-19 virus and:
- Prioritizing the safety of students and staff.
- Prioritizing in-person learning, especially for young learners.
- Consideration of the infectiousness and transmission risk among different ages.
- Supporting the planning, while permitting flexibility.
- The prevalence of COVID-19 in our county.
Along with reopening guidelines, MDE is also requiring districts to look at the spread of the virus in the school district’s county of residence and, based on that data, determine the best option of reopening that will maximize safety for students, staff and the community. Click here to read the FPS Reopening Schools 2020-21 Planning Document.
mn Department of Health covid-19 reminders
It is important for all of us to do our part to slow the spread of COVID-19. The Minnesota Department of Health recommends the following for all staff, families and community members:
- Limit your potential exposure to COVID-19 by social distancing, wearing masks, and avoiding large crowds.
- Watch for potential symptoms and stay home when you are sick.
- Get tested when appropriate and stay home while waiting for test results.
Please note: During the 2020-21 school year, it is critical for all members of our Fridley Schools community to follow MDH and MDE health and safety guidelines. If you are sick or begin to feel sick, please stay home and consider getting tested for COVID-19. In addition, if you or a member in your home has had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please stay out of school for the full 14 days of quarantine. By staying home when you are sick or have been exposed to a positive case, you are helping your community stay in school together.
Information & Resources for families
Click the buttons below to find more information:
Updates for parents/guardians
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This Frequently Asked Questions section will be updated regularly as we receive questions, comments and thoughts from our families.